A long haul flight means one thing (besides a super exciting destination on the other side 🙂 ) – P R E P A R A T I O N.
Whether it’s products to help you catch some much-needed shut-eye or a few items that make traveling just a little easier, we’ve rounded up some international travel essentials we really feel make a difference in chaos versus calm.
While passports and foreign currency are always at the top of the list, we always ask ourselves, “what can make this the easiest trip yet?” Prepare for anything on international flights with our favorite go-to products that are just as stylish as they are useful…a must in our book.
1. If you haven’t heard of Away luggage yet, get out under that rock you’re living under! Every trip, whether international or local, deserves a great suitcase and Away makes some of the best of them. A sturdy suitcase in a trendy color will ensure you never mistake a bag for your own at baggage claim again— they even offer custom painting, engraving (on metal) or stickers to further personalize.
2. Save your hair and skin the trouble of dealing with hotel mini toiletries while traveling. Just because you’re living out of a hotel doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have luxe products to get ready with like this Aesop travel kit. Feeling fresh and put together after a long flight can make or break your jet lag or lack there of….
3. Call us biased but we think part of a great trip is writing down the memories and a minimal journal to keep them in. Utilize all your time spent on trains, planes, and automobiles to journal about your experiences traveling abroad….you are going to thank yourself when you’re reminising down memory lane 10 years from now.
4. Packing your toiletries will be a streamlined and stylish process with these Cuyana travel cases. Keep one in your carry on with all your inflight skincare and makeup essentials (TSA approved!) to freshen up on board. These cases are SO high quality and just beautifully made.
5. Keep this handy menu in your purse to help decipher common meals and drinks from Spain to Italy— especially when the cafe doesn’t offer wifi. No bigger than a credit card, these compact and useful A-Z guides will make sure you end up order squid eggs at that foreign restaurant.
6. And all the OCD travel germaphobes said AMEN….for wipes that are as polished as they are handy, reach for these essential oil towelettes. Also available in lavender, orange, and peppermint, essential oils are a great alternative to alcohol-based hand sanitizers. They will kill germs while the aromatherapy benefits can reduce stress and anxiety of an international flight.
7. Freshen up with this rose hibiscus hydrating face mist. Everyone knows traveling can be super drying for your skin and this mist will help you feel hydrated on board and awake and refreshed when you land after a long haul flight.
8. Why do we always feel so icky after a long flight?? Dehydration! A collapsible water bottle will ensure you stay hydrated while traveling without the bulk of a full water bottle. These Que bottles come in the chicest colors ensuring you stylish and hydrated travels.
9. The perfect in-between of flimsy plastic toothbrushes and the classic bulky electric ones, a Quip toothbrush won’t take up room in your carry-on while still giving you a deep clean. Because of its sleek properties, keep in your carry on for longer flights…I always, always head to the bathroom on board to brush my teeth after an international trip. Such a little thing that makes me feel ready to tackle jet lag!
10. The only adaptor you ever need….no more random messes of various bags of adaptors you’ve had through a variety of trips. No matter where your travels take you, this universal adaptor charger should be in your carry on. With 4 international plug adapters, this charger works in over 150 countries.
11. Sleeping well on a plane may seem like an anomaly, but to wake up feeling refreshed after an international trip, we will try ANYTHING! A comfortable silk sleep mask is a great place to start. Pair these with earplugs or your favorite noise-canceling headphones for the greatest possible potential at SLEEP on your long haul flight.
12. Pair the above with these Noise-canceling headphones and you are sure to catch some Z’s. Headphones are imperative to drown out the noise of an airplane and catch some shut-eye on longer flights. These emerald green versions are as pretty as they are useful.
13. Hallelujah to the person who invented the first portable, outlet free charger. We love this Calpak portable battery that also doubles as a chic luggage tag (also available to monogram) because portable chargers are a must for long layovers and even longer travel days.
Here’s to you next easiest flight yet! Cheers friends!